Salt Village French Patisserie was a ‘while on holiday in Kingscliff’ thought bubble that gathered momentum waiting in a coffee queue. We are delighted that Salt Village French Patisserie has become a favourite French pastry fix for the northern NSW community.
Our first patisserie, The Toowong French Patisserie opened in June 1984. Online French Patisserie opened in 2006. Salt Village French Patisserie opened Bastille week 2017.
The French Patisserie supplies the northern rivers region with authentic French style pastry products. This business has been owned by the same family since 1998. Justin trained from age 15 with the original three French brothers who opened the Toowong patisserie. Today Executive Chef Anthony heads our patisserie’s kitchens while Craige continues to oversee the family business. Our products are made in our two sites, they are made from scratch by our eight pastrycooks and we keep to our originall French methods and recipes. Our senior pasrtrycook at Salt Village is Erin who is faithfully preserving the French methods and skills while passing them on to the next generation.
Our speciality is pastry in the French manner, tarts and petit four, high tea, croquembouche and in breakfasts the delightful croque monsieur and croque champignon. Bon appetit.
Our signature pastries that customers rave about and seek out are:
- Croissant (plain, pain au chocolat and pain au raisin)
- Custard and almond croissant
- Ham and Neufchatel cheese croissant, served warm
- Mille fieulle (vanilla slice)
- Cheese strudel
- Egg Benedict croissant and Salmon Florentine croissant
- Croque Monsieur, Croque Madame and Croque Champignon
- Lamaron* (lamington inspired macaron)
- Chocolate mud gateau and the Chocolate fudge gateau (gluten free)
*Created by and unique to our patisseries.